Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submitters are allowed to be first author or sole presenter TWICE for the entire OTESSA conference. Additional participation as co-authors not presenting as sole presenter is allowed.
- Authors must upload two files: 1) proposal (up to 1200 words, not including references), and 2) statement to address audience engagement and interaction (up to 250 words)
- Authors have reviewed the evaluation criteria for submissions for their relevant submission type (e.g., research-oriented or practice-oriented).
- Proposals must conceal the identity of the author(s). Citing one’s own work is permissible, but authors must ensure their identity is not revealed. Proposals that do not comply may be rejected or returned for revision.
OTESSA expects each author submitting to the conference to also participate in the review process. Please ensure you have updated your OJS profile to indicate your willingness to serve as a reviewer.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text adheres to the APA stylistic and bibliographic requirements.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided and hyperlinked.
- The text is double-spaced; uses 11-point font or greater san-serif style font (e.g., Ariel, Calibri, Verdana); employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URLs).
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within text at appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- For proceedings submissions only, the text being considered has not been previously published, nor is it before another review board for consideration (or provide an explanation in "Comments to the Editor").
In the "Comments to the Editor" section: Please list any material, digital, or accommodations needs related to your proposal or your presence at OTESSA.
In the "Comments to the Editor" section: Authors may enter names of any potential reviewers perceived as having a negative bias against them or their work. In these cases, steps will be taken to ensure a fair review.
Authors contributing to the OTESS conference agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant OTESSA right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in OTESSA's conference proceedings
The names and email addresses entered in this conference site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of the OTESSA conference and journal, and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.